Successful corporate events do not happen by accident or coincidence. It takes a lot of planning and effort to make any event memorable. Whether it is a seminar, a conference or an employee get together, you need to make sure that every component, from food to ambience and location, are planned to the last detail. To ensure that everything is carried out meticulously and effortlessly, it is advised that you outsource this responsibility to a professional corporate event planning company.
Here are a few steps that you can follow to make the occasion a success:
1. Ascertain the Theme: No matter what type of corporate event you are planning, you first need to decide the tone of the event. This will help you coordinate the venue, décor, food, music and entertainment according to the theme you pick.
2. Determine the Budget: Fix the money you want to spend on various elements of your event. Deciding the cap limit on the budget for your invitations, catering, venue booking, entertainment, etc., will ensure that you do not overspend and exceed your total budget.
3. Make Appointments: After determining the theme and the budget, next step is to start working on it. Start making appointments to look through various venues, find out the rental cost and what all will be included in the cost.
4. Finalize the Caterer: Food is an important component of any event. Taste before finalizing any caterer and ascertain whether they also provide the napkins, plates, silverware and linen. Tell them beforehand whether it will be a sit-down dinner or a buffet. Carefully plan the timings for each course and also make sure that your caterer holds a valid liquor license in case you plan to have drinks on the menu.
5. Sign Contracts: Always make sure that you get the paperwork done well in advance. Having contract papers made and then duly signing them ensures that all the terms and conditions are clearly mentioned, and all the parties are well aware of their responsibilities.
6. Send Invitations: Make sure you send invitations well in advance. Whether you are sending the invitations traditionally or by email, make sure that the invitations match the theme and suit the occasion of the event.